Are you seeing a message like this on your screen?
What does it mean?
ClearTax has determined that you need to pay additional tax to the Department before filing your tax return.
Why am I seeing this message?
- Check your entries to make sure that you've not missed out on deductions and TDS.
- Did you earn income from fixed deposits or another source during the year?
- Know that the company only deducts TDS based on your salary income and deductions. The bank deducts a standard 10% TDS on fixed deposits. If there's an additional tax that needs to be paid, you'd have to do it yourself.
- Did you change jobs during the year?
- The second employer may not have deducted taxes as much as they should have because they don't have the information from your previous employer.
To understand further, scroll down the screen and download the ClearTax Word Report. This has a very detailed breakdown of the tax calculation.
Submit a request if you still have questions.