Capital Gain treatment on sale of mutual funds depends upon period of holding. If the period of holding is for more than 12 months then Long term Capital Gain will arise otherwise gain will be short term Capital gain. Long term Capital gain is exempt from tax u/s 10(38) whereas short term capital gain is subject to tax @15%, if the same is sold through recognized stock exchange.
Articles in this section
- where to enter STT of share transation ?
- How to enter share sale data which has numerous entries?
- How to show capital gain with different dates of purchase and sale?
- securities transaction tax
- SEC 54F
- Reporting capital gains on mutual funds
- Reporting loss in the tax return
- Understanding capital gains from sale of agricultural land
- Reporting capital gains in ClearTax
- Understanding tax on capital gain