First time filling ITR. Need not worry....!!Cleartax will help you in your ITR filling.
Please follow the steps given below for e-filing of ITR:
1. Check if you have to file a tax return.
For FY 2017-18, if your income exceeds Rs.2,50,000 (Rs.3,00,000 if you are 60 years or older) you must file an income tax return in India. You must also file a tax return if excess TDS has been deducted and you want to claim a refund.
2. Gather all your documents together.
3. Sign up or login to www.cleartax.in with just your email account.
4. Upload your Form 16 or Form 26AS. Fill in the details if you don’t have a Form 16.
5. Claim missed out deductions and check if you have to pay tax. You can claim HRA, LIC premium and any other Section 80C expense or deduction you’ve missed. Medical reimbursements and LTA cannot be claimed.
6. Pay tax on the Department website if needed.
7. Double check all the details and e-file your income tax return. The deadline to file your tax return is July 31.
8. A 15-digit acknowledgement number will be displayed on the screen.
9. Send ITR-V or e-verify your income tax return.
10. Track refund if you’re getting one :) Check income tax refund status right here on ClearTax.
Need help: have a look at our plans: https://cleartax.in/services/