Credit & Debit Note:
If you have issued a bill to the buyer but due to some reasons( for example buyer returned goods due to defect), the value of goods/services or tax amount changes and you need to create a debit/credit note.
Steps to create a CDN(Credit/Debit Note):
- Click on Quick Action Tab.
- Navigate to Sales Invoice >> Create Sales Document >> Create Credit/Debit Note.
- Steps to create a CDN
- Step 1: Choose the type of Bill you want to create
- Step 2: Credit Note Number (Unique Ref. number)
- Step 3: Date the credit note is issued
- Step 4: Invoice ID: This is the invoice number under the respective GSTIN which is attracting a Credit or Debit transaction against the Taxable value of the original invoice.
- Step 5: GSTIN of the customer
- Step 6: Place of Supply
- Step 7: Item in question and the relative tabs like Item Type, HSN/SAC, Qty, Unit of Measurement, Rate, and Discounts.
- Step 8: Save the Credit or Debit note.